The “Collaborating for Health” Programme is a joint initiative of the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation and the Greek Shipowners’ Social Welfare Company SYN-ENOSIS, which has been implemented since 2018 and concerns the financing of small and medium-scale projects, its aim being to meet urgent needs of the public health sector and to improve the services of healthcare providers in Greece, through the supply of medical equipment and the upgrade of their infrastructure.
In 2021, the implementation of the 3rd round of the Programme was completed, which focused on supporting units/departments of Hospitals and Health Centres providing vital healthcare services for children and newborns. More specifically, the following donations were completed in 2021:
1. . PNOE – Friends of Children in Intensive Care
Supply of one neonatal ventilator for the upgrade of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of the University General Hospital of Heraklion.
2. PNOE – Friends of Children in Intensive Care
Supply of one neonatal ventilator for the upgrade of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of the University General Hospital of Ioannina.
3. General Hospital of Preveza
Supply of a closed-type incubator with electronic weighing scale for the Obstetrics Clinic.
4. General University Hospital of Alexandroupoli
Supply of a neonatal ventilator, a hybrid-type incubator, a nitric oxide (NO) machine, and an EEG machine for the Department of Neonatology – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
5. Athens General Children’s Hospital “P. & A. Kyriakou”
Supply of two neonatal ventilators to upgrade the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
6. General and Maternity Hospital “Helena Venizelou”
Supply of two closed-type incubators and one nitric oxide (NO) machine for the Neonatal Department – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
7. General Hospital of Nikaia-Piraeus “Agios Panteleimon”
Supply of two closed-type incubators and two neonatal ventilators for the upgrade of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
8. General University Hospital of Larissa
Supply of a neonatal ventilator, an encephalograph machine and other medical equipment for the Department of Pediatrics of the University of Thessaly.
9. General Hospital – Health Centre of Neapoli “Dialinakeio”
Supply of medical equipment for the Pediatric Clinic.
10. Health Centre of Karditsa
Supply of medical equipment for the Pediatric Unit.
11. Open Arms Hug – Friends of Social Paediatrics and Medicine” Association
Renovation and supply of equipment of the Mother’s Milk Bank of the General and Maternity Hospital “Helena Venizelou”.
12. General Hospital of Karpenissi
Supply of a neonatal resuscitation unit and other medical equipment for the Pediatric Clinic.
13. “Ippokrateio” General Hospital of Thessaloniki
Supply of a video gastroscope and other gastroenterological endoscopic equipment for the 3rd Pediatric Clinic of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
14. AHEPA University General Hospital of Thessaloniki
Supply of an ultrasonography system and upgrade of the MRI scanner for clinical use of pediatric cases in the Pediatric Radiology Unit.
Watch the videos here.