Currently there are no calls available
The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation is participating as a strategic partner in the crowdfunding program Act4Greece, which is a pioneering initiative of the National Bank. Act4Greece, whose aim is to fund and promote actions, both social and developmental, was launched on Monday 1st February, in the presence of the Prime Minister Mr. Alexis Tsipras, at the Mela Mansion of the National Bank.
The following is an extract from the press release:
Act4Greece (Crowdfunding platform) is being conducted in strategic collaboration with organizations and foundations with recognized stature and achievements, such as the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation , the Bodossaki Foundation, the Hellenic National Commission for UNESCO and the Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility.
In its first stage the program will support four actions, specifically:
• Provision of school meals to primary school students in West Attica
• Medical care and humanitarian aid to frontier islands of the Eastern Aegean
• Creation of an online educational and research platform on the Greek Revolution of 1821
• Modernization of the infrastructures in the Karolos Koun Art Theatre.
NBG is one of only a handful of banks in Europe that manages a tool aiming at raising funds from foundations, organizations, companies and individuals in Greece and abroad, for the promotion and implementation of a specific project, action or idea.
During the presentation of the act4Greece crowdfunding platform, NBG’s Chair Mrs. Louka T. Katseli, stated inter alia: “The NBG, which celebrates 175 years since its establishment, with its dynamic presence and special awareness of the needs of Greek society, is undertaking the initiative to launch act4Greece. This initiative serves the vision of:
- a viable future for Greece;
- a society with open horizons and equal opportunities;
- an economy where development will be socially and environmentally sustainable and compatible with the protection of individual and social rights;
- a younger generation with prospects and the opportunity to see its ideas become reality;
- a new state-of-the-art and viable development model based on productive and active citizens, and
- a banking system which stands by the productive forces of Greece as well as by society in general, especially when this society is experiencing the hardships of economic crisis. The crowdfunding platform is the key tool standing at the core of this initiative. Crowdfunding is a new and popular way of raising funds from a large number of stakeholders, mainly through the internet, but also -- in the case of the NBG -- through bank branches. Any contribution, regardless of the amount, is welcome through to when the target is accomplished and the action implemented. Our motto is: “The power of many in action”. This is the principal message we wish to get through to society. Act4Greece provides for the financing of individual actions in seven key social and development areas:
- Welfare, Health and Solidarity
- Social Economy and Entrepreneurship
- Culture and Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Environment and Sustainability
- Research, Education and Training
- Young and Innovative Entrepreneurship, and
- Sporting Activities.
The online act4Greece platform facilitates the creation of synergies, mobilizes further resources to go in this direction, make possible greater leverage and greater efficiency. This is the second message we wish to communicate today: co-operation, synergy, understanding, forging relationships of trust - these are the prerequisites for any significant success. There more forces are united, the better and greater will be the success. This is why the invitation is open to all. Everyone can take part in our effort to achieve tangible, measurable and concrete results. To support our fellow human beings and children in need, to give opportunities to young people, to boost pioneering and innovative ideas, to create a new narrative, a new picture of Greece throughout the world.
The Secretary of the Executive Board of the John S. Latsis Foundation Mr. Dimitris Afentoulis said, among other things: “The participation of the John S. Latsis Foundation in the Act4Greece initiative reflects the ongoing and systematic strategy of our Institution to enhance collective actions and contribute in any way to new development models in our country. This new way forward for Greece cannot and should not be based only on traditional models of public benefit practices but should be guided by a new concept, new traditions and new practices that have been tested and can be applied with success in Greece. Crowdfunding is one such alternative model that through its open structure enables it swiftly, effectively and transparently to network every kind of project with contributors of every kind.”
The act4greece digital platform is available here.