The Reconstructive Surgery and Burn Unit - Medical Equipment Grant
General Hospital of Athens "G. Gennimatas"
“Georgios Gennimatas” General Hospital of Athens is a tertiary hospital founded in 1958. It provides services of all care levels and being currently under the administration of the “Sotiria” General Hospital of Thoracic Diseases, it has a capacity of 1.430 beds. The Department of Plastic Surgery, Microsurgery and Burn Centre faces thousands of cases of burns, malignant melanomas and tumors every year, using contemporary methods and surgical techniques.
John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation financed the purchase of specialized medical equipment for the Department of Plastic Surgery and more specifically monitoring and respiratory support machines, in order to better serve the patients and provide them with improved surgical and diagnostic services.
The Hospital's Reconstructive Unit treats approximately 27 cases on a daily basis.