Public Call for One-Year Project Proposals for the Year 2012
The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation continuing, for the fifth year, its initiative of promoting scientific research in Greece, invites all interested parties to submit proposals for original research projects for the year 2012 in all scientific fields categorised as follows:
1. Social Sciences and Humanities
2. Mathematics, physical sciences, information and communication, engineering, universe and earth sciences
3. Life Sciences
For further information regarding the above classification of the various fields, please see here.
For a list of the research projects funded during the previous years, please see here.
Terms and Conditions
• The proposal must be submitted by a research group with one project coordinator. Each team must be comprised of 2-5 members, including the coordinator.
• The proposal must not be part of a doctoral dissertation or postgraduate programme thesis of a team member or the coordinator.
• Coordinators and researchers may belong to only one research group and each group may submit only one proposal.
The funding of each project will be based on an analytical budget, submitted along with all the other data required by the application. Maximum funding per research project may not exceed the sum of twelve thousand Euros (€12,000), which will include all types of deductions, taxes, dues etc.
All proposals will be evaluated by the Foundation’s Scientific Evaluation Committee. The resulting evaluations will be considered by the Foundation’s Executive Board, which will then proceed to select at its own discretion a maximum of 20 proposals. The final number of research projects funded per field will be determined during the evaluation process.
Submission Period Opens: June 15th, 2011
Submission Period Deadline: June 30th, 2011
Please Note: Applications may only be submitted electronically via the On-line Submission System, which will be available on the Foundation’s website (www.latsis-foundation.org) from June 15th, 2011.
Announcement of Results: October 31st, 2011
Projects Duration January 2nd – December 3rd , 2012
For additional information regarding the application submission procedure, research team composition, budgeting and funding requirements, project evaluations, and results announcement, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions .
John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation