Announcement of Results | "Points of Support" Program
Four Foundations come together to support 19 not for profit organizations
19 organizations have been selected to receive grants under the second round of the “Points of Support” program for 2017-2018. This program is a joint initiative by the TIMA Charitable Foundation, the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, the Hellenic Hope charity organization, and the Bodossaki Foundation. The aim of the program is, on the one hand, support for small-scale original projects with the highest possible social impact on vulnerable social groups and, on the other hand, reinforcement and capacity building for Greek civil society organizations, to bolster the development and effectiveness of their work.
From a total of 148 applications,19 organizations are selected, with priority given to those of a small and medium size; each organization will receive a grant of up to €5,000 to enable them to implement an innovative project with a duration of up to 12 months and which comes under one of the following areas: “Support for the elderly”, “Social integration for people with disabilities”, and “Support for child protection organizations”. In addition, the selected organizations will also take part in free capacity building activities, which will be funded and implemented by the Bodossaki Foundation, through Social Dynamo. Social Dynamo is an initiative of the Bodossaki Foundation, in partnership with the Municipality of Athens (through the SynAthina platform), aimed at strengthening civil society organizations and groups, with a focus on learning, professional support and networking.
The full list of the organizations selected to receive grants follows below, by program area, as defined by the Program's respective sponsors:
A. “Social integration for people with disabilities” (Donor: John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation)
- Ethelon (www.ethelon.org): support for the organization of the 2nd Career Day for People with Disabilities.
- Hellenic League Against Rheumatism (ELEANA) (www.arthritis.org.gr): professional development program for people with rheumatoid conditions.
- Logou Paignion (http://www.logoupaignion.gr/home-eng): research into the impact of musical interventions on children on the autism spectrum.
- Association for People with Mobility Problems and Friends "Perpato" (www.perpato.gr): survey of the needs of People with Disabilities in the Region of Rodopi.
- NOSILIA Association (www.nosilia.org.gr): “Care with Open Arms”: a program providing primary healthcare services to people with disabilities at the “Home of Open Arms.”
- Friends of People with Disabilities - Drasi gia to kati allo (drasigiatokatiallo.gr): skill development book production workshop for People with Disabilities.
- The Tipping Point (www.thetippingpoint.org.gr): mobilization and social integration program for People with Disabilities, which connects them with role models.
- Philanthropic Non Profit Assocation of Parents and Guardians of People with Disabilities of Imathia (www.tapaidiatisanoixis.gr): “We can only do it together! Nature doesn't discriminate”: environmental education and awareness-raising program for People with Disabilities.
B. “Support for the elderly” (Donor: TIMA Charitable Foundation)
- “Science For You” - SciFY (www.scify.gr/site/en/): development of an educational mobile device application for care patients with dementia and health professionals.
- Care Unit for the Elderly – Naoussa Care Home (www.girokomeionaoussas.gr): interactive workshop run by students of the Department of Occupational Therapy Assistants at the Veroia School of Vocational Training (IEK).
- Plegma (www.plegma.org/en): creation of an intergenerational oral history program between the Open Protection Center for the Elderly and the kindergarten of Skopelos.
- Vocational Trainng Centre “Margarita” (www.eeamargarita.gr/en): creation of a counselling and support service for elderly parents of children with mental disabilities, and for elderly people with mental disabilities.
- Butterfly Bone Health Society (www.osteocare.gr): free dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) tests for 600 uninsured patients with osteoporosis.
- Halandri Chess Club (www.halandrichess.gr): creation of an intergenerational program through games of chess for children and elderly citizens.
ANTIGONE — Information and Documentation Centre on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non Violence (www.antigone.gr/en/home): psychological resilience workshops for ageing unemployed people.
EMFASIS Foundation (www.emfasisfoundation.org): creation of a program aimed at serving the needs of elderly people living in street conditions (homeless, unemployed, and poor).
C. “Support for child protection organizations” (Donor: Hellenic Hope)
- Volunteer Association for the Support of Children and Youth (www.sfe-epath.com): streetwork for the prevention of social victimization and the protection of children living on the streets in Athens and Thessaloniki.
- Children - Happy Youth Camps (www.kataskinosi.gr): mobile Psychosocial Support (animation) Unit for children and adolescents in the state-run care system, and for unaccompanied minors.
- Voluntary Ministry of Hospital Patients (www.diaconia.gr): creative play for hospitalised children, or children abandoned at children's hospitals in Athens.